Insurance Defense Billing Clerk
A-M Law is looking to add a motivated and experienced Billing Clerk with exceptional interpersonal communication, clerical, and administrative skills. The Billing Clerk will be a key member of the A-M Law Support Staff focusing on Accounts Receivable and Invoicing
The ideal candidate will have experience in Legal Billing or have prior experience working within a professional service setting in Finance, Accounting, or Operations. We are willing to train the right person in lieu of law firm experience. Experience using TABS billing software and working within LEDES Files is preferred.
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Experience: A bachelors degree from an accredited university in any relevant discipline or a Minimum 1 year of professional services experience. Recent Paralegal / Legal Studies graduates are encouraged to apply.
Legal Billing Clerk
AM Law Billing Clerks will review, compile and submit attorney billing from our billing software (TABS) to multiple 3rd party billing sites. The Billing Clerk will, according to schedule, review invoices for errors and omissions, create LEDES files, and submit them to various 3rd party billing sites including Legal X, Legal Exchange, CounselLink, Elevate, TyMetyrix, and Collaborati.
Legal Billing Clerk
- At least 1 year of experience working within a professional services organization, preferably a law firm. All relevant work experience will be considered if outside of a firm setting.
Experience in TABS Billing and/or Practice Master or other relevant Legal Billing Software is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must be willing to work in office. Hybrid scheduling is available, after an initial period of employment, which is determined on a case by case basis.
Relevant knowledge and experience using 3rd Party Billing Sites and the use of L and A codes is preferred.
- Experience in insurance defense is preferred
- Must be flexible as required for deadlines, trial dates, and other extenuating circumstances
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting of attorneys and staff members
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior counsel, paralegals, clients, and firm staff verbally and in writing
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year of experience within a professional services organization, preferably a law firm. Recent Paralegal and Legal Studies graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid health insurance
- Generous PTO and Holiday Package
- Company events with an open & engaging culture
- Newly renovated and expanded office setting
- Significant growth opportunities