Insurance Defense Legal Assistant / Paralegal
A-M Law is looking to add a motivated and experienced Legal Assistant with exceptional interpersonal communication, calendaring, clerical, and administrative skills. The Legal Assistant / Paralegal will be a key member of the A-M Law Support Staff. The ideal candidate will have some experience in Insurance Defense work or have prior experience working within a professional service setting, preferably a law firm.
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Experience: Minimum 1 year of professional services experience. Recent Paralegal / Legal Studies graduates are encouraged to apply
Legal Assistant / Paralegal Responsibilities:
Legal Assistants and Paralegals at A-M Law will prepare correspondence for approval of attorney and prepare other legal documents as required. The Legal Assistant / Paralegal will be expected to maintain files, assist with filing of court documents and is responsible for scheduling depositions and various other meetings and appointments. The Paralegal / Legal Assistant will be expected to maintain a file diary system, keep a current task list, and maintain specific case records and dates. Experience working within various e-filing systems is highly preferred.
Legal Assistant / Paralegal Requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience working within a professional services organization, preferably a law firm
- Must be willing to work in office as needed. Hybrid scheduling is available, after initial period of employment, which is determined on a case by case basis.
- Experience or expertise in insurance defense is highly preferred
- Must be flexible as required for deadlines, trial dates, and other extenuating circumstances
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting of attorneys and staff members to develop case strategies
- Strong critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and attention to detail.
- Ability to Communicate clearly and effectively with senior counsel, paralegals, clients, and firm staff verbally and in writing
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 year of experience within a professional services organization, preferably a law firm. Recent Paralegal and Legal Studies graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package, including 100% employer paid health insurance
- Generous PTO and Holiday Package
- Company events with an open & engaging culture
- Newly renovated and expanded office setting
- Significant growth opportunities
Please send your resume to [email protected]