- Shareholder, 2016
Michael D. Phillips is a 2009 graduate of Michigan State University College of Law. Throughout law school, he worked for a mid-size Oakland County firm, where he gained valuable experience defending the interests of corporations, municipalities, insurance companies and individuals. At MSU Law, Mr. Phillips was an editor for the Journal of Medicine and Law, where his article discussing federal preemption of state law failure to warn claims as related to Pharmaceuticals, was selected for publication.
Mr. Phillips joined the law firm of Anselmi Mierzejewski Ruth & Sowle P.C. in 2011 as an associate, and continues to defend companies and individuals in litigated matters in State and Federal Court. Mr. Phillips has experience with auto negligence, no-fault (including provisions unique to the Michigan Assigned Claims Plan), construction law, real property law, and general commercial litigation.
Mr. Phillips is licensed to practice law in Michigan.
Areas Of Practice
- First Party Auto No-Fault (PIP)
- Third Party Auto Negligence
- General Negligence/Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Michigan Assigned Claims Plan (MACP) Servicing Insurer Defense
- Michigan Assigned Claims Plan (MACP) Servicing Insurer Subrogation
- Liquor Liability Defense
- Heavy Truck Litigation
- Non-Medical Professional Liability Defense
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan
- Michigan State University
- B.A. - 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel