- Shareholder, 1988
Joseph S. Mierzejewski is recognized statewide by several of the largest domestic insurers for his expertise in Automobile Negligence and-Automobile No-Fault law.
He has gained recognition for defense verdicts in heavy truck cases of significant exposure due to his extensive defense trial experience.
Mr. Mierzejewski is also an avid educator on the subject of the Michigan No-Fault Act, both first and third party claims. He has conducted seminars for and lectured to insurance carriers, the Michigan Department of State, Assigned Claims Facility, the Michigan Public Risk Insurance Managers Association, and the Michigan Trucking Association, among others.
Mr. Mierzejewski, a 1974 Eastern Michigan University graduate, received his Juris Doctorate from the Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University in 1981. After graduation, Mr. Mierzejewski joined a Detroit area insurance defense firm, leaving in August 1988 to open the law offices of Anselmi Mierzejewski Ruth & Sowle P.C.
Mr. Mierzejewski is licensed to practice law in Michigan and Colorado (inactive).
Areas Of Practice
- First Party Auto No-Fault (PIP)
- Third Party Auto Negligence
- General Negligence/Premises Liability
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Michigan Assigned Claims Plan (MACP) Servicing Insurer Defense
- Michigan Assigned Claims Plan (MACP) Servicing Insurer Subrogation
- Liquor Liability Defense
- Heavy Truck Litigation
- Michigan, 1981
- Colorado, 1995
- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1981
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Seminars and Lectures to insurance carriers, Michigan Department of State, Assigned Claims Facility
- Seminars and Lectures to insurance carriers, Michigan Public Risk Insurance Managers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel , Member
- American Association for Justice (Defense), Member
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association, Member